...having finished studies and now enjoying summer of 2006...

Montag, Oktober 09, 2006

september panopticum

Last weeks I was a little bit lazy concerning my blog. But those weeks were really challenging with all the new things in my job. Since almost one month I am working at Liebherr Ltd. in my neighbour town as assistance head of controlling and – once again – I am claimed to learn the ropes in new fields, although I know some of them from my studies – theoretically ;-) But I enjoy it, with the usual up and downs. All of my colleagues are really nice and friendly and my boss is really clever and helpful.

Besides my work I tried to enjoy of course my scanty spare time. As all of us know the famous “Oktoberfest” in Munich I decided to have some “liter of beer” there in my traditional leather trouser. I had never seen so many people at once….but check the pictures for that impression. It was really difficult to enter one of those huge beer tents – if you could call it like that. Gladly we had some connections to a waiter so we got in the Hippodrome where we met Bavarian “prime minister” Edmund Stoiber with his bodyguards in the evening ;-).

Traditional leather trousers ;-)
















Sleeping people at 2 p.m. ==> maybe they had too much beer ;-)














Since I am fond of Patrick Süßkind’s “The perfume” I had a look at the movie two weeks ago. I was curious how Tom Twyker had filmed the book and…surprisingly I was overwhelmed by the style, pictures and the music (by the way, the OST is not as good as I hoped…probably the music is only with the pictures really impressive). Twyker understood it – in my view - to focus on the right details and to eliminate bowering parts like the years of Grenouillle in the cave. All in all I have to say that ”The perfume” is from now on both, one of my favourite books and movies.